Seedlings Preschool Group
Our group has been running for several years and aims to connect young children and their carers with nature, farming and enjoyment of the great outdoors.
Each week in term time we meet to play games, grow things to eat and explore the outdoors. We make things to take home and care for the wild and farm animals that live at Sacrewell.
Our sessions are ideal for 2–4-year-olds with accompanying younger siblings also welcome.
The Learning provision at Sacrewell is currently developing and expanding, including our Seedlings programme. We are offering several Seedlings sessions a week, giving families more opportunities to join us at Sacrewell.
Our farmhouse garden has recently been redeveloped to give us more scope to explore and enjoy growing flowers and food. We can watch our fruit and vegetables grow and then harvest them and the best part, enjoy eating them!
We have an amazing woodland area with fallen trees, we can visit the farm and be among the animals as well as use our recently developed grass area next to the sensory garden for mud kitchen, digging and story time fun.
We make things to take home and care for the wild and farm animals that live at Sacrewell. We want your children to grow their love of the outdoors, have fun with nature and engage with all it has to offer.
Please take a few moments to read about our sessions so that you and your child know what to expect.
- Our sessions run 9:45-11am. You are welcome to arrive at Sacrewell from 9am and make your way to the farmhouse garden from 9:30am. Our session will end at 11am and you are welcome to stay until 12:30pm.
- Our sessions focus on children exploring and enjoying the outdoors. Dress for the weather and in old clothes that can get wet and muddy, everyone is welcome to get as messy as they like at Seedlings!
- Activities such as art and craft, mud kitchen, digging and bug hunting will be spread out at ‘activity stations’ for you and your child to enjoy. We also have a focus activity every week which the group leader will explain and demonstrate to children and carers.
- We understand that young children can have short attention spans and often don’t like to sit still. Please feel free to take art and craft activities home to do later if your child is too busy to do theirs during the session.
- We finish each session together with games, stories and rhymes at our storytime circle. This is a lovely opportunity to share some time together and a gentle introduction to speaking and listening as a group.
- We make regular trips around the farm to look after and learn about different aspects of Sacrewell. Your group leader will keep you informed about the activities planned for each half term.
- We meet on Wednesday and Thursday mornings during term time, usually 6 sessions at a cost of £48. The cost for the half term is payable in advance and includes entry to the farm for the morning session for both the child and one accompanying adult.
Seedlings Preschool Activities
Some of our favourite activities include:
- Foraging for berries
- Imaginative play in the mud kitchen
- Story times and songs
- Making bird feeders
- Planting potatoes
- A tractor tour of Riverford organic farm
- Making snuggly boxes for Sacrewell’s rabbits and guinea-pigs
- Growing seeds in our polytunnel
If you have any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org